If you are considering applying to the Community College Leadership program, please email or call us to request information or arrange a campus visit, including meetings with faculty and current students.
Ph.D. in Community College Leadership
To meet the leadership needs of community colleges in Virginia and throughout the nation, Old Dominion University has developed a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Community College Leadership. This innovative program supports the university's commitment to technology-delivered learning by providing graduate leadership courses using multiple delivery modalities. Classes are provided through ODU's distance learning delivery systems, including Adobe Connect, online, and face-to-face. These modalities enable students to meet their personal and professional needs through accessible graduate education.
The mission of the Community College Leadership Program is:
- To assist graduates of the program to assume executive level leadership positions in community colleges
- To provide excellent leadership for these college
- To provide high quality instruction and advising to students desiring to complete a doctoral program
Some of the unique community college leadership issues addressed in this program include:
- Community college curriculum development
- Community college finance
- The diversity of the student body
- The importance of the workforce preparation the community colleges provide for the local community
- The role of the community college in the higher education system
Current Students and Alumni
White = Current Students Blue = Alumni
See what our graduates have to say about their experience with the Community College Leadership Program at Old Dominion University:
For more information about the Community College Leadership program, or to arrange a campus visit, please email email@example.com or call (757) 683-4375.
Dr. Chris Glass
Community College Leadership Program Coordinator
(757) 683-4118 office
(757) 683-4413 fax